THE PURPOSE OF THE DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY PROGRAM (DPT) IS TO PREPARE PHYSICAL THERAPISTS WHO WILL:
- Be primary providers of physical therapy care.
- Serve as responsible members in the professional community and are willing and able to assume leadership roles in the communities they serve.
- Identify researchable problems, advocate and participate in research, and incorporate research findings into clinical practice.
- Understand and place in context the social, economic and cultural issues of practice and effectively advocate for changes in policy
- Correlate theory with practice and think creatively about, react to, adapt or shape new practice environments.
- Participate in and provide education for communities, patients, peers, students and others.