Internship Program for Medical/PT/OT Students:
- Internees will write an application recommended by the Incharge in their respective Institute.
- Internship will be called Observer ship.
- The duration of Observer ship will be 1 ½ months. And it will be offered twice a year. The selection committee headed by Principal, College of Rehabilitation Sciences will select the candidates according to the vacancies, merit and no of available seats. The decision of the committee will be final.
- Leaves will be recommended by Principal, College of Rehabilitation Sciences. A total of 3 leaves will be allowed during the tenure.
- Leaves without prior application will be considered as ABSENT. The internee shall compensate the ABSENTS or certificate will not be awarded.
- No remuneration will be given by the organization to any student what so ever.
During this Observer ship, it is mandatory for the students to develop certain skills.
- Students will be trained to record patient histories independently.
- Students will be taught basic Physical Therapy skills which are under the scope of an undergraduate student. This includes Therapeutic exercises and Electrotherapeutic application. All these activities will be strictly under supervision of Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist.
- Students will complete their log books which will be given to them when they join the internship program. Each patient form in the log book will be signed by the supervisor/in charge PT/OT. This log book will be submitted to office of the Principal at the end of the Internship.
- At the end of the Observer ship program, certificate will only be given to students who pass their summative assessment and are able to demonstrate their competencies.